Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2014 Carlisle Import/Kit Nationals

2014 Carlisle Import/Kit Nationals 3 years 10 months ago #79

Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals
posted on FaceBook promoting their $35 weekend pass for non judged showfield car and two adults.

I live close to Carlisle and have been going for the past 25-30 years and very few times have been able to attend all three days. Weather plays a role in the show attendance with having very few years when it has not rained on one or all of the days for the show. My cars have been on the non judged showfield and I spend time in the vendor area Friday and Saturday as the weather permits. Friday is usually a good for shopping the vendors, Saturday is when you will find the most cars on the showfield. Sunday is looking at what is left behind when the majority of the vendors leave late Satuday afternoon and the showfield is almost empty.

Over the years the fleemarket area has shrunk by about 50%. The web is affecting the attendance of spares vendors with it less expensive to reach a larger market. It is a gamble for vendors to attend the show spending time and money for travel and space with being at the mercy of the weather.

There has always been a mediocre showing of MGs on the showfield. Some of the Marques/clubs have a show within the show, SAAB, Volvo, and TVRs are an example. These marques/clubs have a significant showing of cars at the show. All the years of Carlisle I/K none of the local MG clubs have held a meet or show at the Carlisle event. Very few local cars attend Carlisle.

To have a car on the showfield the you pay for the $35 weekend pass. Perhaps if a one day pass is available Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals
will have more cars on the showfield. I'm cheap so I feel that paying for a weekend pass is buying more than is needed for one person one day.

Last, its $8 to walk in the gate but that does not put cars on the showfield.
Lee Miller

1966 MGB
1967 MGB
1971 MGB
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds